Mr. Henry Akujuobi NwachukwuBOD Chairman
The BOD Chairman:
Joined the state civil service in the then Imo state in 1984. He rose through the ranks and was appointed to the position of a Permanent Secretary in 2017.He first served as a Permanent secretary in Ministry of Public Utility and Water Resources, he moved to Ministry of Environment and finally retired in Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs in 2019. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture from the Abia state university, Uturu
Engr. Leo OgbonnaManaging Director
Managing Director Engr Ogbonna Chiemela Leo:
Holds a B.Eng. Mechanical from the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN,1994).Worked as a Field Engineer in Soku Flow Station through BesselGroup for Shell Petroleum Development Company, Nigeria (1995 – 1996).He was employed into the Abia State Civil Service in the year 1998 as a Mechanical Engineer II. Appointed by the Executive Governor on a special assignment on ‘Utility Sustainability Programme in the Abia State WASH sector’ (2012 – 2013).
A member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and also the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), he possesses both national and internationally acquired Engineering (WASH related) certifications and that includes:
- Technical Certification on Non-Revenue Water Reduction by JICA (Japan, 2015)
- Knowledge Co-Creation Programme in Non-Revenue Water Management (Japan, 2015)
- Public Sector Capacity and Sector Governance – Understanding the Rules of the Game in the year 2017 (World Bank Group)
- Project Management in the Public Service Sector in Nigeria (Dubai –UAE, 2020),by the World Bank Group
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers – [Affiliate Member, since 1987].
- Member, Nigeria Integrated Water Resources Management Commission (NIWRMC, 2017)
- Member, Nigeria CEOs in Water Agencies (2017)
- Member, Association of Water Well Drilling Rig Owners and Practitioners (AWDROP, 2017)
And numerous other certifications unlisted. Currently, a member of the National Water Resources Capacity Building Network, South-East Center, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (2021).
Appointed the General Manager of Abia State Water Board in the year 2014 till date and now, the MD/CEO, Abia State Water and Sewage Corporation (AbSWSC).